Partner with no recourse to public fund PART MCXXI

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #22733

    I know very similar questions have been asked numerous times but I want to make sure I have got it right in this particular case.

    A UK national is married to a failed asylum seeker who has exhausted all his appeal rights – he is waiting to see if the IND will allow him to stay outside the normal immigration rules because his spouse is from the UK. He has no recourse to public funds & is not allowed to work.

    It seems very unlikely to me that the DWP would award a NINO – am I correct? And, if that is the case, does that mean HB/CB cannot be paid because S19 is not satisfied?

    I have a lot of sympathy with the claimant and would like to find a way to pay her. If HB is not paid she will probably be evicted from her Council House.

    Any views would be much appreciated.


    I can’t see why the DWP would not award a NINO if asked?


    DWP have said a Nino WILL be given in such a circumstance. I cannot remember the source of that but it was made clear following concern about the number of destitute asylum seekers.


    And a small hint – 😉
    If you have problems with your local DWP, as some have (wrongly) refused to supply a NINO in circumstances such as these, try contacting the liaison officer, who may have a better understanding of the issues. 8)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.