Pension Credit Appeal

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #22608

    Opinions please:

    We have a customer who was receiving HB/CTB based on Savings Credit only award of PC.

    PC ceased as customer was deemed to have £27,000 capital held in a property that her daughter lives in. HB/CTB amended and claimant didn’t qualify as capital exceeds.

    However, she has now appealed against her PC stating she has no access to the £27K due to having to have agreement from all parties involved etc.

    The CAB have now got involved and have asked us to use our discretion to make interim payments until the appeal is resolved as her rent arrears are increasing rapidly.

    Now I can’t decide if I should make payments or not, what would other people do?


    Don’t think I would as suppose claimant loses PC appeal. Could you justifiably recover any OP created if that happened? Don’t think I’d like to argue it.

    Do I know what I'm doing? The jury's out on that........................

    Kevin D

    Payments on account can only be made where a decision (on a claim) has not been made. In this case, it appears a decision has already been made.

    If the clmt / CAB get clever, they may submit a new claim and request POAs on the new claim. In that event, I’d be inclined to make a formal decision on the new claim – no payment on account.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.