Pension Credit Application Forms

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #20114

    Are there any instructions anywhere that Local Authority HB/CTB offices are obliged to issue or receive Pension Credit applications. Our Welfare Rights Office are telling us this is a requirement. We are worried that we will be ‘snowed’ under by this and also that we will be responsible for the form reaching the Pension Service.


    The latest guidance I have come across is on circular A25 which states that LA staff are required to advise potential claimants to call the Pension Credit Advice line on 0800 99 1234.

    Reasons being “that it is better for customers to contact a trained agent”.

    Apparently, in exceptional cricumstances a pack should be issued and (according to the circular) they are available from your Pension Centre contacts.


    For the latest news on this, have a look at the excellent Rightsnet website should take you to the latest news story.

    The DWP has issued new guidance to local authority benefit departments in relation to the introduction of Pension Credit from October 2003

    The new guidance – HB/CTB Circular A25/2003 – advises that –

    if potential Pension Credit claimants call at local authority offices they should be referred to the Pension Credit Adviceline, and that only in exceptional circumstances should a Pension Credit application pack be issued.
    The guidance suggests that this process should provide a “better overall customer experience” and that high volumes of clerical application forms will slow The Pension Service‚Äôs processing times;

    whilst all local authorities were issued with copies of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between The Pension Service and local authorities in June 2003, and that Pension Credit requires a greater reliance on joint working between the DWP and local authorities, at the end of August 223 SLAs had still not been signed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.