Pension Savings Credit Query

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #20498

    We are currently running through some ‘housekeeping’ jobs, one of them is to check claims where state pensions have not been updated in the past year.

    A claim has come up, CL on Savings Credit and no uprating ETD has ever been received – claim started in 2007.

    How do we treat this now? Assessor has input the correct SC figures back to April 2008 and created overpayments.

    I know claimant doesn’t have duty to notify us of changes to SC, however he would have received annual uprating letters from us in 2008 and 2009 which showed incorrect SC figures.

    Does this mean we just input correct SC award from the date we found out it was incorrect?




    You shouldn’t recover OP’s in my view. The clt is under no obligation to tell us of changes to SC so I’d say this was DWP error.


    Thanks, you have confirmed my thoughts but do we have to have some kind of admission from the DWP to say they made a mistake before we can treat an OP as DWP error?


    I don’t think you need an admission from the DWP have a look at this thread

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.