Person from abroad

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #34950

    Claimant is entitled to HCTB here as she is a British Citizen who has returned from living in America. Her husband is subject to immigration control – what do we do with him?

    Do we input as a normal partner giving the claimant couple applicable amount and using his income?



    You must assess them as a couple – there is no way under the legislation that you can assess as a single person. (You may say that IS and JSA are assessed like this, but different benefits, different rules.)
    Her husband is not claiming Benefit, therefore provided he can supply a NINO and the proofs you may require (identity income etc) the fact that he is subject to Immigration Control is irrelevant in dealing with HER claim. 8)

    Trevor Kenward

    Jon beat me to the post
    I can only add that there is a risk that the Home Office could view the partner as being inbreach of their immigration controls (though probably unlikely)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.