Persons from abroad

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #34847

    We have an increasing number of people arriving in our borough through the uk home office resettlement program (in collaboration with unhcr and the british red cross). They do not have a nino (although some have applied for one) are not yet in receipt of i.s. or jsa as they have only just claimed it. Their home office papers state they are granted indefinite leave to remain as a refugee recognised under the geneva convention.

    They are asking us to make a payment on account based on notional entitlement to income support/jsa.

    Has anybody else come across this situation? If so, what are you doing?


    “indefinite leave to remain”
    “refugee recognised under the geneva convention”

    These individuals have the same claim rights as UK nationals. They are exempt from any PFA tests.

    The NINo is probably the main barrier then. Perhaps other people have a solution for that issue – but they are not “Persons from abroad”.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.