PHD student with non working partner

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #39629
    Rachel Eastwood

    Hi, we have a claim from a gentleman who is no longer entitled to JSA as his partner has started a PHD, funded with a £13,500 PA bursary. He is still signing on for credits. Can we pay him?


    The non-student can be the claimant no matter what. The student can only be the claimant if in an eligible group (children/disabled).

    Edited to add – this is presuming the student is full-time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.