Please help!!

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #19938

    I work in hb/ctb and am not very knowledgable of the tax credits system, so please bear with me if this obvious to the tax credit experts.

    A Sri Lankan man his wife and 2 children come to the u.k. following the tsunami and loss of his fishing business.

    He is allowed in the uk as his father was a u.k. national.

    His passport is stamped to report to a port at a date 2007, but no recourse to public funds.

    Can he claim working/child tax credits?

    He works full-time and his wife works part time.


    That would be a “no”.

    See [url=][/url]

    Very slow website: in a nutshell it says:

    What are public funds?

    ‘Public funds’ include a range of income-related benefits, together with housing and homelessness support. The full list is as follows:

    income-based jobseeker’s allowance
    income support
    child tax credit
    working tax credit
    a social fund payment
    child benefit
    housing benefit
    council tax benefit
    state pension credit
    attendance allowance
    severe disablement allowance
    carer’s allowance
    disability living allowance
    an allocation of local authority housing
    local authority homelessness assistance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.