Polish worker previously self employed

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #23205

    We have a claim from a Pole who arrived here 2 years ago as a self-employed worker. He has now finished this & started work as an employee.

    Am I right in thinking that he has now established worker status & will not need a registration certificate to claim HB?

    Can anyone point me to the legislation please?


    Circular A9/2006 (para 56 [i:e3fe9a8cc5]et seq[/i:e3fe9a8cc5]) is a good starting point.


    I think he still needs to register – past residence under his belt will only count if he has been in authorised employment as a registered worker for 12 months, or if he has been legally resident as an EEA national for five years (which is of course impossible before 1 May 2009).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.