Private Sector Leasing

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #22606

    Our Housing Division has taken on a number of Private Sector Leasing properties over the last couple of years to fulfill the government’s aim of getting Homeless families out of B& B accommodation. In each case we pay the HB direct to the Homeles Unit because they are not set up as Council Properties on the rent system.

    Question is, can we refer these rents to the Rent Officer if they go up disproportionately? In other words, do we have to treat them as HRA properties, in which case we can’t refer? The legislation I have looked at seems to say they are HRA, but its not clear!



    I think you will find that these are non HRA cases. The tenant is renting from the council not the private landlord and therefore do not fall into the RO provision.
    see The income related benefits (subsidy to authorities) order 1998 17(4) page 1131 of the CPAG book 18th edition.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.