Receiving Care Elsewhere (Scottish Law)

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #20768
    Clare Easson

    If someone isn’t permanently absent from their property, but is receieving care for drug missuse, would you award an exemption from council tax for the period of absence, or should the receving care elsewhere only be awarded when it’s permanant move? Thanks

    Alex G

    Hi, we only award the exemption if the person has moved into care permanently.

    The way I think of it is that if I break my leg and go into hospital then my main address is still my home.

    Even if the case has a particularly long stay in hospital/care it is difficult to argue that their sole or main residence is their hospital adddress. (similar to decisions made on merchant seamen, or people in the army). Maybe one for a VAC appeal?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.