Relevant Employment Office

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #38764


    I have a disagreement with a collegue regarding the following issue, please can someone confirm, when the regs advise that a EEA national has to register as unemployed with the relevant employment office in order to retain worker status, I have deemed the relevant employment office for the UK is the JCP. My collegue maintains that this can be any employment agency e.g Response, PMP etc, please can someone advise on the point and if possible provide documentary proof to support either case.

    Thanks In Advance


    I think there is enough EU/UK caselaw out there, Zambrano, for example clearly refers to an unemployment benefit office where you claim social security benefit in whatever member state you reside. You can’t make a claim for JSA/ESA at a Manpower office can you? So I would say a “relevant employment office” is JC+ or equivalent.


    Thanks Kay, that is what I thought.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.