Social Security Agreements with other countries

  • This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #35320

    I consider myself to be fairly clued up with claims from EEA nationals, and for non-EEA nationals where we have to look at leave to enter/remain, and conditions of that leave.

    However, one area that does confuse me are countries that have a Social Security Agreement with the UK, that are on the DWP’s website: For example, how would we deal with a claim from a Canada or New Zealand national?

    My main questions are:

    -What do these social security agreements mean, in respect of entitlement to HB and CTB?

    – What is the legislative basis for these agreements?

    – Where do these agreements fall in to the categories listed in HB reg 10?

    – If a person is from a country that has a Social Security Agreement, does this override the Immigration Status Test (i.e. the need to have leave, and whether the leave has a no public funds condition)?

    Can anyone help?

    Many thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.