Student with Iranian Partner who has EEA family permit

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #39660
    Debbie Wake

    We have claim from a couple with no kids who have returned to the UK in September 2011. One partner is a British Citizen but who is a full time student. Her partner is Iranian but has a visa to enter the UK as a family member of an EEA National.

    She can’t claim HB because she is a full time student but am I right in thinking he can’t claim either because his wife is not an EEA worker? or can he exercise his treaty rights as a worker seeker and claim JSA?. If he currently has no income or work can he claim?


    I think. from details you have posted, the UK citizen was working in the EU. If that’s the case then he can be treated as an EEA for benefit purposes so the Iranian would be an EEA family member. Is that the case or have I taken the wrong turn? 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.