Student responsible for child (brother)

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #39136

    Single claimant who is a full time student is responsible for his younger brother. He receives child benefit and child tax credit. Under Regulation 56 would he be classed as a loan parent?

    Can we pay HB?

    Andy Thurman

    Hi Mark,
    Sorry to pick up on your typo but love the thought of a “loan” parent in this case – “let me have me bruv for a bit so I can claim HB”!! đŸ˜‰

    Seriously though, if he’s legally responsible (as your post confirms – CHB/CTC awarded to him) then, yes, he is an eligible student.


    Thank you… its still early! but a good idea for single student claiments!

    John Boxall

    When (if) my oldest goes to University he can take his two brothers with him – he’s six years older than the next one so it sounds credible. He can then get HB & whatever else is on offer.

    Student Support sorted!

    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery. The blossom is blighted, the leaf is withered, the god of day goes down upon the dreary scene, and—and in short you are for ever floored.

    Wilkins Micawber, Ch12 David Copperfield

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.