U1-2007 ???

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Has anyone read this yet?

If so, please can someone explain to me the paragraph (14 – 15) on highly skilled migrant workers from Bulgaria & Romania?

I could be suffering from post 4 pm brain-failure, but this seems to be contradicting itself with regard to the HR test?

Anonymous

I looked at this twice Ann but think I’ve got it now.

para 14 talks about highly skilled migrant [b:fffc9a62dc]work seekers[/b:fffc9a62dc] who still need to satisfy HRT, whereas

para 15 talks about highly skilled migrant [b:fffc9a62dc]workers[/b:fffc9a62dc] being exempt from the HRT.

So if they’ve got a job – happy days!

stevedaymond
    Participant

I cant seem to find this anywhere. Could someone please post a link.

Many thanks.

Jules
    Participant

First off, I have to admit that I don’t know much about people from abroad claims and this may be a stupid question but I’m going to ask it anyway.

U1 talks about the term ‘A2 nationals’ refering to Bulgarian and Romanian nationals. It will no longer be used for nationals of Malta and Cyprus. Can anyone tell me how we refer to Malta and Cyprus now? I’m bound to be asked when I people start reading the circular!

Steve – if you’ve not already got a copy of the circular if you give me your email I’ll send you a copy (julie.cebulski@nottinghamcity.gov.uk)

DJM
    Participant

[quote=”Jules”]
    U1 talks about the term ‘A2 nationals’ refering to Bulgarian and Romanian nationals. It will no longer be used for nationals of Malta and Cyprus. Can anyone tell me how we refer to Malta and Cyprus now? I’m bound to be asked when I people start reading the circular!
    quote]

I’d be interested to know too – our staff are used to referring to A8s and A2s, and I predict this is going to cause all sorts of confusion!

EDIT: I decided to ask Ursula Brennan at the DWP – here is her response:

[i:6d2306ef5e]Unfortunately the Home Office decided that Bulgaria & Romania should be A2 countries. However, as nationals from Malta & Cyprus are treated
    exactly the same way as EEA16 nationals I decided to include them in the
    EEA16 list of countries and refer to them as EEA18 nationals[/i:6d2306ef5e].

So, it looks like EEA18 will be the term to use.

Anonymous

[quote=”DJM”][quote:e7f81eb7ab=”Jules”]
    the Home Office decided that Bulgaria & Romania should be A2 countries. However, as nationals from Malta & Cyprus are treated
    exactly the same way as EEA16 nationals I decided to include them in the
    EEA16 list of countries and refer to them as EEA18 nationals[/i].

So, it looks like EEA18 will be the term to use.[/quote:e7f81eb7ab]

I like this. I like a lot of what Ursula Brennan says. I am just putting the finishing touches to the new version of HBINFO’s PFA notes and I am subdividing the EEA into CTA (UK and Ireland); EEA18 (old EEA16 + old A2); A8 (as you were, no change there); A2 (Bulgaria and Romania).

Do we all agree it’s official?

Anonymous

BLEAH!!
    Why not? 😉 8) After all, it seems to make sense. 😯

Jules
    Participant

Makes as much sense as any other decisions the DWP make 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.