Reply To: Person from Abroad

Peter Barker

No you cannot, this is a prescribed class of person excluded from CTR for all age groups.

However, if this is accommodation provided by the Home Office under asylum support legislation, as I understand it the owner should be liable for council tax even if it’s a self-contained dwelling. the claimant therefore should not need to claim CTR anyway.