Reply To: Probate not applied for

John Boxall
Participant

so what would the in the alternative be for me with this claim?

1) adverse inference cos we think you have £800k worth of house you inherited from you late dad ( bought on a right to buy for less 10% of its current value… and bought for less than the current HB overpayment he is appealing against!!!! ) cos you havent provided the info we asked for –

would 2in the alternative be

2) depravation? because hes found the money to get energy certs. get flat rewired/ “complete refurbished throughout so it can be rented for a market rent” (his words) but he hasn’t applied for probate which would make him a legal owner of the property

I want this to be as water tight a possible so any suggestions/pointers of what in the alternative i could use would be gratefully received!

Thanks – Prisca

If you assume that somehow its not your claimants capital, my suggestion might be that he’s receiving income in the form of the rent from the property

BUT I will make the point again, inform HMRC as there are a number of issues involving tax, and potentially beneficiaries of his fathers will/intestacy that may have been denied money that is rightfully theirs

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery. The blossom is blighted, the leaf is withered, the god of day goes down upon the dreary scene, and—and in short you are for ever floored.

Wilkins Micawber, Ch12 David Copperfield