Stats 128 checks – which decision?

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Accura
    Participant

[b:57b62e82dc]scenario 1:[/b:57b62e82dc] claim decision identified for checking and since the date of calculation 3 items of evidence have been received but ignored and completed on the DIP system.

[b:57b62e82dc]scenario 2: [/b:57b62e82dc]LA is in massive backlog and since date of calculation for checking on Stats 128 3 items of evidence have yet to be actioned

[b:57b62e82dc]Question[/b:57b62e82dc] – whats the difference between the above scenarios.

We have been advised that choosing to ignore an item of evidence that was received after the date of the decision to be checked constitutes a decision in its own right and therefore forms part of the Stats 128 check and is therefore an error

I would welcome your comments

thanks

😀

cfowkes
    Participant

I agree with the answer you have been given, I would treat scenario 1 as an error for stats 128 purposes because we made an error in not taking the information supplied into account in the assessment.

Accura
    Participant

But the information was supplied after the decision for checking was made?

So for a normal error check it would be incorrect but for Stats 128 it would be correct? i.e. at the time the decsion (for the Stats 128 check) was made the claim was correct

cfowkes
    Participant

iF at the time I am checking a claim for stats 128 we have a claim running and between the last assessment and the point of checking we had further information that changes the award that an assessor missed or completed in error then I would log the claim as incorrect. An example is when we receive a review form and we miss that a non-dep previously in receipt of JSA had started work. There might not have been an assessment as a result of the review but a decision has been made that no assessment required because no change to circumstances. Therefore that decision is wrong and the benefit in payment is wrong.

Accura
    Participant

thanks Clare

this highlights the differences between LAs and the methods used as I know of at least 3 sites that would ignore the subsequent info for Stats 128 and raise a 10% error check for the required amendments.

I can’t wait for more DWP guidance on this….. 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.